We have over 15 years experience in building websites. The #1 mistake we see clients make is lack of planning. This can lead to your project failing for several reasons. Here's the most common ones:
- You make assumptions.
- Assumptions can cause blown budgets, missed deadlines and resentment between you and your vendor. Not a good way to build a relationship.
- You have a poorly defined scope of work.
- Without a very clear scope of work, you and your vendor will have a different understanding of what’s included, what’s not included, and who is responsible for what. This is a recipe for disaster.
- You miss the mark with your audience.
- Without first understanding your users and their needs, you’re likely to build something that doesn’t reach your market.
- You don't know what success looks like.
- Would you train for months to run a marathon if the race didn’t have a finish line? Exactly. Unless you clearly define your goals and how you'll measure them, it's impossible to know if your project was a success, a failure, or somewhere in between.
There's A Better Way
Planning a successful website project isn't as hard as you think. The framework found in this free email course will help you create a meaningful project plan. By the end you’ll be much closer to launching a successful website that
will tell your story, generate value for your business and represent you appropriately in the marketplace.
- Lesson 1: Where are you now?
- Explore—and uncover—problems that you and your customers are currently facing.
- Lesson 2: Where do you want to be?
- Prioritize your project goals and identify how those match your customer's needs.
- Lesson 3: How will you get there?
- Determine the logistics, resources, and scope of work required for your journey.
- Lesson 4: Next Steps
- Use your plan to start discussions and relationships with potential vendors.
Ready for Success?
Great! Sign up below and we'll send you Lesson 1 right away.
Don't worry - if you decide the guide isn't for you, you can unsubscribe at any point. We will never share or sell your information with anyone.