Free Email Course Planning Successful Websites
Our free 4-part email course, Planning Successful Websites, will help you plan your project the right way while avoiding common mistakes and pitfalls. Are you are a business owner or marketing manager in charge of building or redesigning your website? If so, this guide is for you!
Why this guide exists.
We’ve built websites for over 15 years. The #1 mistake we see clients make is lack of planning. This can lead to your project failing for several reasons.
- You make assumptions.
- Assumptions can cause blown budgets, missed deadlines and resentment between you and your vendor. Not a good way to build a relationship.
- You have a poorly defined scope of work.
- Without first understanding your users and their needs, you’re likely to build something that doesn’t reach your market.
- You miss the mark with your audience.
- Without a very clear scope of work, you and your vendor will have a different understanding of what’s included, what’s not included, and who is responsible for what. This is a recipe for disaster.
- You have no clear success metrics.
- Would you train for months to run a marathon if the race didn’t have a finish line? Doubt it. If you don’t know exactly what success looks like before you start, it’s impossible to know if you were successful.
Don't let your project fail!
Planning a successful website project isn't as hard as you think. The framework found in this email course will help you identify where you are now, where you want to be, and how you'll get there.
By the end you will have a meaningful plan in place and you’ll be much closer to launching a successful website that will tell your business story, generate leads and represent you appropriately in the marketplace.
- Lesson 1: Where are you now?
- Explore—and uncover—problems that you and your customers are currently facing.
- Lesson 2: Where do you want to be?
- Prioritize your project goals and identify how those match your customer's needs.
- Lesson 3: How will you get there?
- Determine the logistics, resources, and scope of work required for your journey.
- Lesson 4: Next Steps
- Use your plan to start discussions and relationships with potential vendors.
Ready to get started?
Enter your information below and we'll send you the first lesson right away!